The Wire - Week 4
By Levi Ellis
1. Sam Darnold - 23/34 304 yards, 8 carries, 11 yards, 2TDs - I started to assume that Darnold was already owned in all leagues but he's been too good to just assume. He must be owned in all formats including one QB leagues. 15% of your remaining budget.
2. Taylor Heinicke - 14/24, 212 yards, 2tds, 2ints, 8 carries, 2 yards, 1TD - This kid continues to impress me and I don’t believe we have seen his peak yet so he should continue to get better. I still don’t think he should be owned in one QB leagues unless it’s a deep league but in two QB leagues he should be owned. 5% of your remaining budget.
3. Jacoby Brissett - 32/49, 215 yards, 7 carries, 37 yards, 1TD - Brissett is another guy that should be owned in two QB leagues only. He is a smart football player that doesn’t turn the ball over much. He won’t make the wow plays but he can keep a well coached team in the game which makes him a perfect fit for the Dolphins. He should also have at least two more weeks as the starter with Tua on the IR. 5% of your remaining budget.
4. Davis Mills - 19/28, 168 yards, 1TD - If your desperate at QB, Mills is likely to get another start with Tyrod on IR. His performance last week wasn’t bad but certainly wasn’t anything to get excited about either, however he has talent and he should improve each passing week. 1% of your remaining budget.
1. Chuba Hubbard - 11 carries, 52 yards, 5 targets, 3 catches, 27 yards - With CMC set to miss a few weeks Hubbard is a must own moving forward. Time will tell if he can do anything with the opportunity but at least he has the opportunity. 50% of your remaining budget.
2. Cordarrelle Patterson - 7 carries, 20 yards, 7 targets, 6 catches, 82 yards - This guy should already be owned in all leagues, but if he’s not this is a gift from the fantasy God’s and you should take advantage of it...especially if he has RB eligibilty. 50% of your remaining budget.
3. Alexander Mattison - 26 carries, 112 yards, 8 targets, 6 catches, 59 yards - This may be his only start of the year but this guy is so good that he should be owned just for times like this. 25% of your remaining budget.
4. Giovani Bernard - 10 targets, 9 catches, 51 yards, 1TD - Gio is finally healthy and involved. It helped that the game script required his services but he has been and continues to be my #1 RB on this team. He’s super talented and Brady loves to dump it off to the RBs. 25% of your remaining budget.
5. JJ Taylor - 1 carry, 2 yards, 2 targets, 2 catches, 3 yards - If James White misses time then Taylor may assume the pass catching role in this offense and you know how important that role is. 10% of your remaining budget.
6. Peyton Barber - 23 carries, 111 yards, 1 TD, 5 targets, 3 catches, 31 yards - Now we know why Gruden said Barber was the guy with Jacobs down. Barber played well in this game but his value hinges on if Jacobs continues to miss games. 5% of your remaining budget.
1. Terrace Marshall - 5 targets, 4 catches, 48 yards - Robby Anderson has been missing and this offense is firing on all cylinders. Marshall's role seems to be growing and his talent is game changing. He needs to be owned in every league. 20% of your remaining budget.
2. Marquez Callaway - 5 targets, 4 catches, 41 yards, 1TD - Check to see if he’s available. It’s possible someone gave up on him after the first two weeks when he was non-existent. 20% of your remaining budget.
3. Jakobie Meyers - 14 targets, 9 catches, 94 yards - He’s the #1 WR in NE. Check to see if someone in your league gave up on him after two unimpressive weeks. 20% of your remaining budget.
4. Bryan Edwards - 5 targets, 3 catches, 89 yards - You are witnessing a star in the making with this guy. If this team didn’t have Waller it would already be so obvious. Pick this guy up and hold him hoping that his target share increases as the year goes on. 15% of your remaining budget.
5. Hunter Renfrow - 6 targets, 5 catches, 77 yards, 1TD - Renfrow is a fantastic slot WR and has a very accurate QB. Problem is his team has a few other great pass catchers which limits his upside. Regardless, he's worth owning. 15% of your remaining budget.
6. Emmanuel Sanders - 6 targets, 5 catches, 94 yards, 2TDs - Sanders is another player that is likely to be owned in all leagues but you have to double check after a week like that. 15% of your remaining budget.
7. AJ Green - 6 targets, 5 catches, 112 yards - If you're curious why he’s not in tier 1 it’s because I don’t expect him to stay healthy for long and Hopkins will eventually heal. 10% of your remaining budget.
8. Desean Jackson - 5 targets, 3 catches, 120 yards, 1TD - Sean McVay said after week 2 that it was his fault for not involving Jackson in the offense and that he wanted to correct it and correct it he did after a monster week. I think Jackson’s target volume will be low all year but when he hits he hits big. He’s a perfect best ball player and when you need to swing for the fences.10% of your remaining budget.
9. Van Jefferson - 6 targets, 4 catches, 42 yards - Jefferson is the equivalent of the handcuff. If either Woods or Kupp miss time this year he will be a must start each and every week. He’s super talented and almost an exact replica of both guys.
10. Deonte Harris - 3 targets, 3 catches, 31 yards - He continues to be involved but he’s a risky play. 1% of your remaining budget.
11. Anthony Miller - 6 targets, 4 catches, 1TD - I like that he had 6 targets and I like that Mills was looking for him. There’s also no one else besides Cooks. 1% of your remaining budget.
12. Olamide Zaccheaus - 6 targets, 3 catches, 32 yards, 1TD - With Russell Gage out right now Zaccheaus is getting some looks. 6 targets last week was a nice target share. 1% of your remaining budget.
13. Collin Johnson - 7 targets, 5 catches, 51 yards - If Sterling Shepard and/or Darrius Slayton miss time then Johnson is worth a look. He stepped up big with both guys exiting early last week. 1% of your remaining budget.
14. Nick Westbrook-Ikhine - 4 targets, 4 catches, 53 yards, 1TD - He flashed this week with AJ out but this is still for deep leagues only. 1% of your remaining budget.
15. Kendrick Bourne - 8 targets, 6 catches, 96 yards, 1TD - Bourne is a nice real life player but has never been a consistent fantasy contributor. The 8 targets this week may be a sign of things to change or could just be because NE was playing from behind and Mac Jones threw 51 total passes. I believe it’s the ladder. 1% of your remaining budget.
16. Devin Duvernay - 3 targets, 2 catches, 22 yards, 1TD - I love the player and he needs more targets and he may just get them if Hollywood Brown keeps dropping the ball. 1% of your remaining budget.
17. Kalif Raymond - 10 targets, 6 catches, 68 yards - Someone has to catch the ball. Problem is it seems to be someone different every week. 1% of your remaining budget.
1. Mike Gesicki - 12 targets, 10 catches, 86 yards - I’ve been a big believer in Gesicki and right now I’m loving Jacoby Brissett for looking Gesicki’s way all game. I hope to see more of this because he is one of the most talented TEs in the league. Now it’s time to see if he can show that for fantasy. 20% of your remaining budget.
2. Tyler Conklin - 8 targets, 7 catches, 70 yards, 1TD - Conklin is a reliable pass catcher and a good player. He’s also the TE1 in this offense but he also plays with two top 25 WRs and one of the best pass catching RBs in the league. His target volume will be inconsistent but I think he will be a steady contributor. 15% of your remaining budget.
3. Pat Friermuth - 5 targets, 3 catches, 22 yards, 1TD - His usage is still lower than I would like but this guy is going to be a stud for years to come and I think we may see some of those flashes this year. If Dionate or Juju misses time his role should only grow. 10% of your remaining budget.
4. Dawson Knox - 5 targets, 4 catches, 49 yards, 1TD - Two weeks in a row that he has had a relevant fantasy role. Time will tell if it continues. 10% of your remaining budget.
5. Gerald Everett - 5 targets, 5 catches, 54 yards - Everett has flashed at times but his targets appear to be inconsistent. 5% of your remaining budget.
6. Tommy Tremble - 1 target, 1 catch, 30 yards, 1 carry, 7 yards, 1TD - Tremble was sprinkled into the offense last week and it makes me wonder if we will see more of this as the season goes on. Especially considering he did well with his limited touches. 1% of your remaining budget.
7. Jordan Akins - 5 targets, 4 catches, 32 yards - I just threw up in my mouth a little on this one but this category is for deep leagues. With Mills at QB he may look to the TE more. 1% of your remaining budget.
8. Jacob Hollister - 6 targets, 2 catches, 15 yards - He only made the list because of the 6 targets and he led the TE’s. I’m curious if his role will continue to grow since he was a late addition to this team. 1% of your remaining budget.
Dead to Me (redraft leagues only)
Jets run game - I thought this was supposed to be a copycat of the 49ers run game smh
Ronald Jones/Leonard Fournette - They cancel each other out
David Johnson - Until the Texans trade him or until Ingram or Lindsay go down, he’s dead to me
Hayden Hurst - Only 1 target last week and we all know Pitts is the TE to own in ATL
Jimmy Graham - Do you really want the Bears backup TE
Harrison Bryant - The talent is there but his role is inconsistent
Anthony Schwartz - Only 1 target last week
Parris Campbell - If you’re still holding out hope, just let it go
On Life Support
Carson Wentz - In 2 QB leagues he’s still a must own but in 1 QB leagues maybe not
CMC - Hamstring injuries worry me and I would consider trading him, but only in redraft leagues
Devin Singletary - Zack Moss is proving to be the better RB
Kenyan Drake - Even with Jacobs out he can’t get anything going
Tony Jones Jr. - The Saints seem to have forgotten about him with only 4 touches last week
JD McKissic - We just aren’t seeing the same involvement as last year
Robby Anderson - He’s been MIA for two weeks now and Marshall is lurking
Gabriel Davis - With Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, the RBs and now Knox, where does Davis fit in
David Njoku - Being the #2 TE isn’t sexy for fantasy regardless of the talent
Check me out on Twitter @FFStock_Man37 or on my YouTube channel (The Locker Room)